Donvale Sewerage Project
We've finished constructing the new sewerage system for properties in Donvale and it's ready to use.
Customers in Donvale now have the option to flush and let us take care of their wastewater.
No more septic tanks, boggy yards, unpleasant odours and polluted waterways.
The Community Sewerage Program area is bounded by Glenvale Road in the east, the Mullum Mullum Creek and Smedley Road to the North, the EastLink Tunnel to the south, and Old Warrandyte Road to the west.
Some of the key benefits of the project include:
- Improving the health of the waterways by decommissioning leaking septic tanks
- Protecting public health
- Reducing odours in the area
- Providing a more liveable environment for the residents of Donvale.
Declaration of sewerage services in Donvale
We formally declared parts of the sewerage service in Donvale to be 'ready for use' on 28 June 2017. Since then, other areas have been completed, and we have notified property owners when the service is available to connect. Owners of properties that are ready to connect should have received a letter from Yarra Valley Water, with instructions on how to connect.
Project updates care of yvw.com.au
- Package C – Construction in Progress
- Package D – Construction in Progress
- Package E – Construction in Progress
- Package F – Construction in Progress
- Package F (Mullum Mullum Trail Section) – Completed
Package stages listed as: